11 Jun 2019
The Irish SECURE project partner has completed a series of services that will reduce the energy use in public buildings.
Installation of eco hand dryers.
SECURE project partner Donegal County Council (Ireland) has developed a series of pilots during the last stage of this Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme 2014-2020 funded project. Among others, Paddy Mullen, Facilities Manager at DCC, highlights the following ones:
- Carndonagh PSC: Installation of LED lighting project, survey of existing heating system, and installation of intelligent heating management system with cloud services, remote access, thermostats, volumes, and management software.
- Donegal Town PSC: Installation of LED lighting project.
- Letterkenny, Carndonagh & Donegal Town PSC: Provision of heat loss calculations in plant rooms and installation of bespoke thermal insulation jackets.
- PSCs & County House: Hand towel replacement project completed.
- Procure Control Specialists to upgrade the existing Building Management systems in the 5 Public Services Centres and County House, Lifford, and transition these to a cloud based system that is controlled from any web-enabled device, undertake work to ensure each system is operating at its optimum and delivering the maximum possible building performance and energy efficiencies for the Council, as well as providing support to the Facilities Department in the use of the systems.
- Provision of heat loss calculations in plant rooms and installation of bespoke thermal insulation jackets in Milford & Dungloe Public Service Centres
- Advertising for the employment of consultant for Regional Energy Strategy along with Derry City and Strabane District Council.