3 Jun 2019
SECURE project partner has completed a series of services that will reduce the energy use in public buildings.
DCSDC retrofit office with integrated intelligent lighting system.
SECURE project partner Derry City and Strabane District Council (Northern Ireland) has developed a series of pilots during the last stage of this Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme 2014-2020 funded project. Among others, DCSDC Energy Manager Leo Strawbridge highlights the following ones:
- Main Civic Offices: replacement of paper hand towels with high efficiency electric hand dryers and installation of more energy efficient gas condensing boiler.
- Foyle Arena: Gas fired CHP recommissioned to generate electricity from a lower GHG source.
- LED lighting replacement in Main Civic Office car park.
- Derg Valley Leisure Centre installed 11.96kw PV Solar Array.
- Irish Street Community Centre installed 11.96kw of PV and linked it to a 15Kw battery storage unit.
- Implementation of the ISO 50001 energy management standard which will allow council to identify opportunity to save energy and implement renewable solutions.
- Continued working on the development of a Regional Energy Strategy to identify opportunities for integration of renewable energy and energy efficiency at a local level.
- Cloud Based Energy MM+T installed in 7 council buildings.
- Alley Theatre oil burners converted to natural gas in Strabane.
- LED lighting upgrade at Skeoge Council Depot Derry.